If you crave for another soul food, why don’t you try this Soul Food collard greens with smoked turkey recipe? This cuisine is originally a variety of how to cook collard greens with smoked turkey as one of its key ingredients.
But seriously, you have to know that Soul Food collard greens with smoked turkey recipe is obligatory to learn, especially if you are confuse about what to serve at dining table when the holiday comes. Learn the recipe below and you have one more option to choose for your beloved family!
- A smoked turkey legs or wings, fully-cooked
- A bunch of collard greens
- A tbsp. of olive oil
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ diced onion
- Red pepper flakes
- Hot sauce, optional
- Pick the collard green leaves from its stem.
- Thoroughly rinse the leaves and drains it.
- Sauté olive oil, diced onion and garlic in a large size pot until they are tender enough.
- Gradually pour the chicken broth and add red pepper flakes as well as the smoked turkey.
- Boil them and simmer up to 30 minutes.
- After the broth has smokey flavor, carefully put the collard green leaves.
- Please be careful on how to cook them. Cook them on a medium to low heat for about fifty minutes or until it becomes tender. Do not boil them, just slow cooking.
- Add seasoning to your soup accordingly.
- Enjoy the dish for a merrier holiday!
Now you know how to cook Soul Food collard greens with smoked turkey as its variant. It is very simple and easy even for beginner, right? This Soul Food collard greens with smoked turkey recipe will be very handy for you later, especially when the holiday comes to town!